Saturday, May 12, 2007

Forest Fire

I am sure everyone has heard about the forest fire near Grand Marais. As some of you know and some of you may not, my brother Matthew and sister in-law Theresa both work up there for the U.S. Forest Service. Matthews station is the Seagull guard station, at the center of the action. Theresa is stationed in Tofte right now, doing double duty days.
You may have already guessed, they are extremely busy right now.
This is a picture of my brothers truck, near the Seagull Outfitters. They were trying to save the lodge.
I would like to ask everyone to keep them in your thoughts and prayers that they stay safe.
The Mpls Star & Trib as some incredible photos of the fire.
Click here to see them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katie, Thanks for posting the picture and letting us know that Matthew and Theresa are doing okay. I have been thinking baout them a lot since this fire started. – Laura