Monday, February 26, 2007

SNOW STORM

It finally feels like Minnesota in Winter. I am excited to have the snow, but too bad it took so long to get here, and won't last long now. My yard has lost about 2 inches already.
I hope you all stayed in this past weekend and enjoyed to storm, I on the other hand, spend my time in the ER. Not a real busy weekend for us. A little surprising what brings people out in a snowstorm though.
3:30 Saturday morning, I am stuck in the alley. Now what? The plow sludge has my Saturn held captive. I, head down by foot to my garage, 4 houses down, and call for backup.
Now, you may ask,
who does a girl call at 3:30 AM?
Your first guess is most likely her father.
Well, mine lives just a little too far away. So next best thing is one of her favorite brothers, Chase, who just so happens to live three houses down the block.
It took a couple calls to get him to answer the phone, (the next step was to go jump on his bed.)
Chase hauled himself out of bed and came, shovel in hand to help me out of the snowbank. I had already cleared my driveway and the alley in front of the garage, so after the Saturn was free it was easy.
Thanks Chase!!!! Chase and Frank stumbled home to go back to bed.
Brutus was happy Frank stopped by to make him some trails around the yard. The snow was taller than him!
Sunday, I awoke to go to work yet another day, this time for 16 hours, and Chase to the rescue again. He was clearing the neighborhood of all the snow.
He widened the alley in some places and cleared most of the sidewalk for the entire block, not to mention most of his yard.
Made it to and from work Sunday with no trouble.
Had great ambition when I got home at 7am to snow blow the deck, didn't happen. Right to bed for me, got up and cleared it this afternoon. That made Brutus happy, no more snowbanks.
So much for my little snow adventure.
Thanks again Chase, you are GREAT!!!!
I hope everyone has a great week, Remember, don't stick your hand or any other appendage into your snow blower,
it ALWAYS wins!!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now isn't it great to have a brother Chase. This makes up for last summer and lack of rescue from the racoons. Glad all is shoveled and will see you this weekend I hope.
Love
Mom

Anonymous said...

Now, I know who to call when I need some help. Love Auntie Diana