Saturday, June 16, 2007

Diggin' a Hole

The big project for the summer has started at my house.
The pool has a leak in the return pipe. So I had this company called American Leak Detectors come out to tell me where the leaky pipe was located.
$400 later, they find the leak and tell me I need to dig a hole about 3ft deep down to the pipe.
Ok, Chase helped me with cutting the concrete, thanks again,
and I started digging.I dug, and dug, and dug some more. Found some pipes, none where they told me to dig. So, I dug some more..........
Obviously I am getting close to the leak, unfortunatly, it is about 3ft to the left of where they said it was. To finish the job I need to cut another chunk of concrete out, and, you guessed it, DIG SOME MORE!!!!
The patching of the pipe should not be too difficult, and then it will be time to swim.
I will let you know when the pool is open for business!
I will also keep you posted on the digging!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well with the fixing and covering it back up, so you can get to the fun part of swimming. Love Auntie Diana

Anonymous said...

Doesn't look like much fun especially as hot as it has been. Congrats on being a do it yourselfer. Good job.
Love Mom