Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Peace In The Valley

My precious Grandma left us to be with Jesus
June 8, 2008.
I will miss her so much!
Grandma was
LOVE IN ACTION!
Iam very blessed to have been able to spend the last week by her side.
There is no place I would have rather been.
The first night it was Grandpa and I who stayed with her.
What a special time for us.

We shared many memories and told lots of stories to each other.
Grandma woke up enough for a couple of days to see every one of her children and grandchildren, a couple of the greats as well.
Her last couple smiles were so beautiful to see.
The last few days were very peaceful and calm.
She passed in her sleep with her sweetheart holding her hand,
and Peace In the Valley playing softly.

She will go home to Elbow Lake as soon as we can get her there.
Grandma always loved a beautiful sunset.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie-
You are one awesome girl. We thank you for the gift you have given to Grandma and Grandpa this last week - there is no better gift than time.
Love you lots,
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Katie There was a great reunion in heaven on Sunday evening with my mom and aunt Barbara. Glad you got to spend time with her and your dad. Take care and God Bless You. Lenore

Anonymous said...

Katie-
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. I know how much she meant to you. I'm glad you all got to spend her last days with her and I hope your family can find peace in the fact that she is happy now in heaven.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post Katie. I was sobbing while reading it, but know Grandma is in a wonderful place. I'm so glad you were able to be there for grandma and my mom. I know my mom really enjoyed the time with you. Love you ~Kelli